“Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody”
The secrets we keep
You all grew up in the same orphanage.
You were a band.
When one of you died, you were split apart.
A long time has gone by.
You all grew.
You all changed.
A band of orphaned children with a dark past meets again after many years.
Buried secrets are unearthed as old wounds start bleeding once again.
What have you become? Can you escape what you really are?
A grim, intimate psychological narration. An isolated place, where no one can hear you.
These are the secrets we keep.
PERSONAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL, PROFOUND.
The secrets we keep is a high-budget live action roleplaying game. An exclusive experience for 31 players per run.
Focused on interpretation and on relationship, it was designed to be an intimate, powerful event, aiming directly for the hearts and minds of its players.
A deep larp about memory, regret, hidden truths, delving into what we were, what we are and what we do not want to be.
LOOSELY INSPIRED BY:
The 80’s and 90’s that never wERE
A time when computers were rudimentary and huge cellphones were only affordable for a select, wealthy few.
A time when TV sets had cathode tubes and music was played on small cassettes.
The era of Blockbuster and VHS rentals.
The years of historical countercultures, of metalheads, of punks, of nerds and geeks, of goths and so many more.
The age of indestructible plastic toys, when modernity had yet to ripen. An age so close and yet so far away.
FOR THE ORPHANS OF THE BUTTON GANG
DATE – NEW RUN!
Run #3 | 29-31, Maggio 2020 | ITA
Run #4 | 5 – 7 June 2020 | ENG
RUN #5 | 11-13, Settembre 2020 ITA
RUN #6 | 18-20 Settembre 2020 ENG
LARP BUS PICKUP
12:00 pm – Santa Maria Novella Train Station (Florence)
Convento dell’Incontro. Bagno a Ripoli (Florence, Italy).
From 180€ to 345€
Food and lodging included.
The Guide to The secrets we keep will soon be available online, with useful info such as:
- A description of the game experience
- Insight into the setting
- Costume tips and details
- Everything you’ll need to know
You can register directly and secure a place or you can pre-register (it is free and non-binding), to let us know that you are interested and get priority in case you want to register later.
THE NEW GENERATION OF DESIGN
NARRATIVE EXPERIENCE AT THE NEXT LEVEL
The secrets we keep is a game that employs narrative techniques specially designed to create a different, unique emotional experience.
Imagine having total control over your character, being able to use tools that let you narrate your inner world and delve into the full depth of your feelings, intents and memories.
We believe in the creative and expressive potential of people. Thus we designed this game with great care, chiseling it like artisans to deliver you an experience that will move you, making you authors of an original shared narration, something powerful and unique.
THE SECRETS WE KEEP
Design & Game Experience
All meals, night stays and travel costs (from Florence) are included in the ticket price.
- 12:00 pm – Meeting at Santa Maria Novella Train Station (Florence)
- Departure to Convento dell’Incontro.
- Workshop #1
- The Larp begins
- Workshop #2 (2 hours in the morning)
- Night Party
- Departure towards Santa Maria Novella Train Station (Florence) arrival by 2 PM.
WHAT WE WILL DO
We will deal with topics such as childhood and the good old days, the passing of time, the power of memory, and the regret for wrong choices.
We will delve into the themes of friendship and betrayal, loyalty and selfishness.
We will use techniques and new narrative solutions to experience the past, present and future of the characters.
WHAT WE WON’T DO
Address the issues of pedophilia or child abuse.
Physical confrontation and combat. Playing a competitive game.
Playing a horror larp (although there will be some minor harsh scenes).
Physically tiring game.
ENTER THE WORLD OF THE SECRETS WE KEEP
Signups aren’t open yet, but you can still preregister!
If you do, you’ll have priority once signups open and you’ll be updated on all news regarding The Secrets We Keep.
Preregistration is free and noncommittal.
Tickets will be available on July 2019.
INCLUSIVENESS AND SAFETY
FOR THE ORPHANS OF THE BUTTON GANG
Born out of an internal reflection and a dialogue with other LARP communities, Chaos League recognizes the need to pay an increasing attention to players’ safety and inclusiveness. For this reason, we would like to point out the following:
- We would like to stress that Chaos League welcomes everyone and all identities. We strongly believe in a diverse, inclusive, respectful and amazing community.
- We decided to create a Safety Team, which will be composed of a number of diverse, trustful and empathic organisers. They will not be psychologists, but they will do their best to resort to their experience and learn from the best practices and from the people with the right expertise in community.
- An Off-Game Space will be dedicated for participants to use during the event, especially when it comes to particularly intense scenes and overwhelming feelings. The Safety Team will be there to ensure participants’ comfort and privacy, to support in case of emotional need and to help advising the players on how to develop their game.
- We are discussing the possibility of adding specific safety mechanics. More information on our decision will be forthcoming.
- To conclude, a part of the pre-game workshop will be specifically dedicated to discuss safety and to explain whom to contact in case of need.